POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle city mark 3 : Re: Crackle city mark 3 (Progress attached: 111 KBU) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle city mark 3 (Progress attached: 111 KBU)
From: DJ Wiza
Date: 19 Mar 2002 12:42:53
Message: <3c97789d@news.povray.org>
Its been rendering for about 9 hours and 10 minutes now, and its rendering
line 331 of 768 at abut 10 pixels per second.

Even at this resolution and high AA, there are some issues.  The lines
between windoww disappear sometimes at the tops of buildings.  Plus, I think
the windows are too bumpy.

I went ahead and attached a screenshot of the current progress.

-DJ

--
Remove the TRIMBRAKES to reply.
"DJ Wiza" <Kil### [at] TRIMBRAKESyahoocom> wrote in message
> "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> > > I wrote a macro for creating approximations for isosurfaces...
> >
> > Sounds very interesting. With a bit of work that could be really useful.
> >

> The best optimization would probably work by creating a mesh instead of
tons
> of objects.  However, I'm not sure how to do this.  I would probably first
> create a 3D array of booleans, each specifying whether or not the object
> exists at that point.  Then I'd have to cycle through and run tests to
find
> edges of the object and create triangles.  That's the hard part.
>
> Anyways...I've begun rendering crackscape5.pov in 1024x768 AA 0.3 +FN +AM
> +R3, and changed the Radiosity from Fast to Normal.  It is currently
> building the photon maps.  It's now amlost 12:30 in the night.  I'm
heading
> to bed.  I'll post the current progress tomorrow morning at around 9:30.
>
> -DJ
>
> --
> Remove the TRIMBRAKES to reply.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'crackscape_progress.JPG' (112 KB)

Preview of image 'crackscape_progress.JPG'
crackscape_progress.JPG